Upcoming Workshops 2020
Sensing the Rotator Cuff: Improving Shoulder Function
with Lesley A. Powell $80
July 23 & 30, 2020.
2:30 – 4:00 PM
NPCP CEC 3. Live only
The rotator cuff muscles are essential to the function of the shoulder girdle. We will get a deeper understanding of these muscles and how to wake up their function. Applications will be made to Pilates exercises
Drawing is the sense of touch. Drawing will teach us about the structures of the rotator cuff muscles and shoulder stabilizers. Our mapping the rotator cuff muscles and other shoulder muscles will teach us about the shoulder girdle. The movement class using pilates will explore the connections of the rotator cuff muscles and coordinating with other muscles for healthy function.
All are welcome. No experience is necessary in drawing.
- For Drawing Section: drawing and mapping the shoulder girdle and the rotator cuff muscles
Please have blank paper and some kind of drawing tool: crayons, colored pencils, markers, pastels.
- For Movement Section:
Please have some kind of prop: foam roll, overball, books, foam roll, towels
- Understanding the importance of the rotator cuff muscles
- Improving rotator cuff function during the workout
- To understand shoulder anatomy and function.
- What is stabilization of shoulder: its myths and facts
- How the improved shoulder function enhances the core.