The first four sections will include:
First Module: Low Back with Lesley Powell
Date: TBA 2024
Where: Westside Dance Physical Therapy
53 Columbus Ave.. #402, New York, New York
Balanced Body New Program: Advanced Movement Principles
- Understanding the Body in Motion
- Help you develop strong critical reasoning skills to work with healthy and injured clients safely and effectively.
- Deepen your understanding of the body in motion in both functional and pathological situations.
- Expand your ability to observe, analyze and prescribe exercises to improve your client’s essential movement skills.
- Help you learn how to collaborate with medical and allied health professionals successfully.
- Expand your heart, broaden your mind, and increase your ability to work compassionately and effectively with all clients.
- Anatomy, pathologies, movement principles
- Assessment, exercise techniques, program design
- Reading assignments, case studies, personal practice
• 3 years teaching experience, completion of Balanced Body Movement Principles course
This program will run over a 2 year period to give you time to absorb the materials, work on applications in your practice and written case studies.
- Online videos about the information needed to understand Anatomy, pathologies and movement principles. These videos are available for you for a lifetime. There are also written materials that compliment the videos as well.
- Live workshops about assessment, exercise techniques, program design
- 5 hours of group mentoring for each section.
- I will be teaching the first section of Low Back this November.
Prior to the Low Back Assessment live workshop you will need to complete.
- Balanced Body Movement Principles course if not completed for full certification
- Online video of introduction of the program and low back