We take walking for granted. When we lose the ability to walk comfortably, we lose our freedom to do things. Poor posture, lack of strength, mobility and poor balance skills affect our gait.
A heathy spine should be like an Alexander Calder mobile. It is delicate and strong at the same time. A light breeze will move it but not unbalance it. If the body loses its mobility, it will affect one’s gait. There is a delicate balance between your entire body.
$300 for both Saturday workshops. To register, click here
- June 5, 2021. Anatomy Dances : Upper body in Gait – How the spine moves in gait
Posture is key in walking. Poor posture can affect the mobility of our hips and legs in walking. This section will improve how the upper body moves in an ideal healthy walk. Lesson plans will evolve around how to increase mobility, coordination, strength and balance.
- June 12, 2021 Anatomy Dances : Lower body in Gait – How the legs move in gait
Here we will go deeper into the coordination of our body to walk. We will look at the coordination of first of the lower body. Observation skills and program development will be learned to help the improve gait skills.
- Learn observation skills about gait
- Address muscular imbalances in gait observation
- Improve walking skills with muscular training and balance skills