WORKSHOPS IN NYC
DON’T BE DE-FEET-ED:
IMPROVING FOOT MECHANICS THAT CHANGES THE CORE AND
March 24, 2018 2:30-5:30 PM with Lesley Powell . $150
at Westside Dance Physical Therapy To register
DON’T BE DE-FEET-ED: IMPROVING FOOT MECHANICS THAT CHANGES THE CORE AND
DON’T BE DE-FEET-ED is a workshop exploring the connections of the distal: foot and ankle mechanics to the core. We are addressing balancing the foot and ankle muscles that influences our entire alignment. Our ankles influence our foot, hip and core mechanics. When the Distal relationship is working correctly, the core immediately works deeper.
OBJECTIVES: To understand the connections of distal to the core. How to improve function of the legs to bring in new core connections using Pilates Repertory. Underlying good function is dynamic alignment of the spine.
- Improving ankle function
- Understand how the bones of the legs and pelvis move
- What is stabilization of legs and hips: its myths and facts
- Understanding the importance of the posterior leg muscles
- Improving the coordination of legs to core during the workout
- How the improved leg relationships enhances the core